Our client, a multidisciplinary consultancy based in London, now need a Clerk of Works to join their site inspection team, working on residential new build projects in London and the Home Counties. The role offers an excellent benefits package, remote working and car allowance.
The practice is growing due to an influx of projects in the residential, commercial and education sectors. They offer services across architecture, design management, building surveying, quantity surveying, project management and asset management. They provide a clear progression routes as well as offering continual training and support. To be considered for the role you must have experience as a Clerk of Works, Quality Control, Site Inspector or building control background from the new build residential sector.
Role & Responsibilities
– Review contract drawings, schedules and construction information produced by consultants and specialists
– Check bills of quantities and/or specifications
– Ensure site Health and Safety Plan is being adhered to
– Check works in line with UK Building Regulations
– Liaise with the project Employer's Agent, Quantity Surveyor, Architect, Site Supervisor and Project Managers
– Clarify with the Employer's Agent the standards to be met under the contract
– Advise on materials, construction details and samples as necessary
– Produce and record documents supplied for use on site and clarify how they are expected to be used
– Write detailed site reports and recommendations
Required Skills & Experience
– Ideally 5+ years' experience as a Clerk of Works, Site Inspector, Quality Control, Building Control Surveyor
– Ability to travel across London and Home Counties
– Residential new build experience (other sectors may be considered)
– Excellent attention to detail and technical construction knowledge
– Excellent report writing skills
– Up to date knowledge of UK Building Regulations
What you get back
– Salary of up to £42,000 + car allowance of £3000 + Mileage (12p per mile)
– 25 days holiday + bank holidays
– Flexible / Remote working
– Company Pension Plan
– Company Healthcare Plan
– Cycle to Work Scheme
– Childcare Voucher Scheme
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Clerk of Works Job in South East – Your Property Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Kelly Armour Job Ref: 11276)
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria