Commercial Lawyer – 6 month contract
Description of the Position / Purpose of the job:
To provide support to our clients Director Corporate Services, who is responsible for:
* worldwide corporate and legal affairs; human Resources; as well as all regulatory, risk and compliance activities.
* Oversees all key strategic transactions and manages outsourced contracting relationships.
* Corporate governance and company secretarial oversight.
* Management of company’s legal entities.
* Manages Global Partnerships.
Key Performance Areas:
* Drafting, negotiating, on both simple and complex commercial contracts, and engaging with the various areas of the business, such as compliance, operations, business development, and finance to ensure business and compliance requirements are met, with accountability to ensure conclusion of the agreement.
* Support M&A activities, including due diligence and contracting.
* Support newly developed compliance function.
* Corporate restructuring and providing legal advice on aspects of company law, with a specific focus on ensuring all intra-group contracting is in place.
* To update precedent contracts and terms and conditions as and when required, managing internal and external client’s expectations, legal research and contributing to the department and business know-how.
* Special Projects as requested from time to time.
Strong commercial understanding and excellent interpersonal skills
Degree / Diploma
* Legal Qualification
MS Office Proficient (particularly in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
* Solid experience in a corporate environment in a similar role.
* Strong M&A and general corporate experience working with NDAs, LoIs, SPAs, SHAs etc
Behavioural / Technical Competency Requirements:
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* Commercial Acumen
* Attention to Detail
* Problem solving
* Respects Confidentiality
* Ability to work to deadline and under pressure
* Team player
* Personal Integrity
* Strong strategic, analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
Several pre-employment checks are pre-requisites prior to hiring staff who are not already employees of our client e.g. criminal checks, reference checks, past employment history checks, ID verification, qualification verification, residence and credit checks. For Legal, IT, Finance and Management positions credit checks are also required. In addition relevant work related tests, or psychometric tests may be in use besides interviews
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria