An excellent Design, Development and Manufacturing business in the Darlington area (80% remote working) are seeking to recruit a Project Manager on a 12-Month contract basis with experience within the Purchasing field.
The Project Manager will be supporting Global programs and team in the UK and will report directly to the overseas based Manager.
The Project Manager role:
– Leads multiple projects from inception to completion; facilitates project planning sessions with suppliers to determine the scope and objectives of each project and provide lead time inputs for internal project.
– Manages, develops, and implements projects of varying complexity and size in assigned functional area.
– Partners with business stakeholders to ensure a successful project completion.
– Engineering and Commercial Engagement in the New Product Development (NPD) process, specifically in the NPD space with sourcing teams and engineering.
– Engage on leading stewardship of cost management guiding and collaborating with Sourcing Teams on appropriate handshakes between technical needs, sourcing and commercial benefit.
– Manages project risk; uses quality tools to identify areas of risk; works with others on the team and outside the team to identify alternatives or solutions.
The Successful Project Manager:
– At least 5 years of previous work experience in Purchasing field is required as well as the flexibility to assist your manager on alternative assignments, if necessary.
– Well organised, proficient with MS office packages, has good energy and ability to coordinate many tasks. A technical background would be advantageous.
– Ability to work cross functionally and excellent project management skills.
– Flexibility with hours due to liaising with oversea’s contacts.
The role has been assessed as within IR35 and as such you MUST be paid PAYE or via an Umbrella company.
£27.15 / hr hr PAYE
Please apply immediately for consideration or a confidential conversation
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria