Our client is a rapidly expanding Tech start-up pushing innovative boundaries, seeking a Software Engineer (TypeScript / Node.js) to join their team on a permanent basis and work remotely.
As the Software Engineer, you will be an optimistic and resilient TypeScript engineer playing a key part of the engineering team, evolving the client’s platform through a lot of collaboration and experimentation. Using a process of prototyping before carrying out any significant development work – discussing closely with the Lead Engineer to design a solution towards a feature. You will subsequently develop a prototype (or a few), implement it and take it into production.
Post release, you’ll own that service and ensure that it evolves with the platform accordingly.
Duties but not limited to:
* Drafting and developing prototypes
* Getting features production ready
* Rub virtual shoulders with Product
* Leveraging and evolving the standards
* Avoiding pitfalls and learning from failures
* Communicating your needs clearly and responsibly
* Owning Service Lifecycle
Technical skills and experience:
* Object-oriented programming; hands-on experience with one or more OO-heavy language (C#, Java, Ruby, etc) is preferred
* TypeScript development in strict mode with Node.js
* Developing applications for the cloud (Google Cloud and AWS in our case)
* Storage: Redis, SQL, MongoDB
Advantageous experience to hold:
* Exposure to frontend development using one of the mainstream frameworks (Vue, Angular, React, etc)
* Exposure to Dependency Injection
* Experience with microservices
* Interest in Event Driven and asynchronous communication patterns
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria